CREATING A PROMOTIONAL BUSINESS VIDEO
Create a simple outline to follow - Assume your audience has never heard of you before:
Decide what your video will look like:
- You are telling your story – either as a selfie or with the camera held by others.
- You are filming and someone else telling your story.
How will you explain what you do?
- You’ll give a tour of your business.
- You have products to showcase.
- You have photos of your business to share.
Once you start filming:
Introduce yourself and your business. Speak clearly and slowly.
- Look at the camera. RELAX.
Let us know what exactly your business does:
- Show examples of what your business does.
- Explain who your customers are.
- Explain why your customer love who you are and what you do.
- Tell us how customers can find you – online, by phone, by email.
- Tell us your hours, if that’s relevant.
- Show us your logo, your business name
- Wear clothing with this on it.
- Use your video to focus on signage or something with this on it.
- If you’re going to be walking or moving your camera during your video, do it slowly.
- Practice what you’re planning to say – at least once. Film your practice and then watch it to improve it for the 2nd try. This will help you feel comfortable when you create the final video and will let you know how long it runs.
- Take 2, Take 3 or however many you need to be comfortable with your final video.
Submit your video to shopsmalleverysaturday.com
- Follow the directions on the website – it’s easy to do from your phone.
- Share your video on your social media platforms.
- Tell your friends and family to support small businesses.
- Share, like, promote other small businesses when you see them.